As a business owner or marketer, you may understand the value of establishing an online presence. This often includes obtaining a website and social media accounts to promote products and services. Does opening a website and social media really all that is needed to establish your company’s online presence? In short, no, it doesn’t. However, it’s a step towards the right direction.
A website isn’t very effective if it sits abandoned on the web. If you update the content of your website, then users are more likely to return. The update doesn’t have to be significantly large. It can be something as simple as a new promotion or blog post. The idea is to create content that is relevant to your target visitors. If you’re writing a new blog post, then you want to cover a topic that helps solidifies your identity as an expert in the field.
Now it’s time to market your new content. If you have a good following on social media, then it is the perfect place to share your content. You want to continuously update your social media profiles to show consumers that you are an active business. When customers leave feedback, try your best to respond to them. A simple response goes a very long way.
If you don’t have any buzz on social media or the web, then you can resort to paid advertising, such as Google AdWords. However, we recommend speaking to an Internet marketing expert or content marketer to help you. Precision Writers offers free consultations to help determine the right content marketing strategy for you. If you decide to do it on your own, then here are some tips that can help you get started.
- Obtain website and social media accounts for your business.
- Commit to updating your website content and social media profiles. You want to update your social media at least 2-3 times a week.
- Run promotions that encourage users to share your promotion. For example, share this to get an additional 5% off.
- Network with other website owners or bloggers. If you have a product, send them a sample to review on their website.
- Encourage customers to leave feedback on social media or websites like Yelp!
- Start a newsletter to maintain communication with your subscribers.
We hope you find these tips useful. If you’re interested in getting assistance from one of our professionals, request a free consultation.